1860 Light Station
Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Port Washington’s lights have guided mariners traversing the oft-times treacherous waters of Lake Michigan to the safety of our harbor. In 1849, a light tower was erected on top the north bluff overlooking downtown. Re-built in 1860, our historic light station includes the lighthouse with lantern room atop the modified school house design and keeper’s living quarters. The highlight of every tour is the climb to the lantern room, featuring our replica 4th order Fresnel lens and fabulous views.
Exhibits at the 1860 Light Station